If someone try trick to steal or sharing your personal information online that’s condition called phishing attack. This trick is done through the email, ads or sites which are look like your similar sites which you are using such as someone can send you an email for phishing attack that will like come from your bank so you can give them your bank account information.
If phishing attack on your Gmail account, it can be asked follow details as given below:
Usename and passwords, security numbers of social sites, bank account details, PIN number, credit or debit care number, your mother’s name, your birthday etc. if you are getting this kind of email messages, immediatlely report phishing emails.
If you feel that email may be phishing, Gmail is showing a warning or move your emails to spam box, now follow the steps as given below to mark or unmark phishing email.
- First open your computer, open Gmail account
- Open that message.
- Next reply, reply and click on the down arrow > down arrow.
- Click on report phishing.
If email was incorrectly marked as phishing, follow steps as given below:
- Open your Gmail account in your computer.
- Open that particular email message
- Next go to Reply> Reply, click the Down arrow> Down Arrow.
- Click on the option Report not phishing
What is the process to Avoid Phising Attacks?
You should always careful anytime you will get an email from a site which asking for personal information. If you are receiving this kind of email follow the steps as given below:
You should avoid this kind of email, don’t click any links and not provide any personal information until you sure that email is real.
If that sender has Gmail email address, you can report that email abuse to Google.
If you feel that an email looks like suspicirous, you should always check a few things as given below:
- You should check that the email address and the sender email address is matched.
- Must check that email is authenticated or not.
- Must hover over links before clikc on it. If the url is not match as the description of link as given, may be it will phishing sites.
- Must check the message headers to make sure the “from” header is not showing an incorrect name.
If you will careful and take care all of points and given above, you can keep away from phishing attack on your Gmail address.