Sync is method to connect an email account to mail clients. Gmail offers this type of service where you can read all Gmail messages in mail client. users can sync their Gmail account to mail clients through the IMAP or POP settings.
If you are one of the users who don’t know the process to add Gmail account to outlook, you can find here complete process to Sync Gmail with Outlook step by step.
Gmail to Outlook Sync Process
In this post user get process to Add Gmail account with outlook 2010, 2013 or 2016 by using IMAP.
• First, login Gmail account to setup IMAP settings.
• Click on settings button upper right corner of the window, select settings from the drop-down menu.
• Click on forwarding and POP/IMAP from settings screen.
• In IMAP access section, select enable IMAP.
• Click on the save changes at the bottom of the screen.
You need to allow less secure apps to access your Gmail account if you are not using 2 factor authentication on your Gmail account. two step verification helps to keep Gmail account secure from less secure Google apps. If 2- factor authentication is not on your Gmail account, error dialogue box will appear you.
You should turn on 2-step verification authentication in Gmail account, if don’t want it, visit Google’s less secure apps page and log into your Google mail account and turn on access for less secure apps.
Process to Add Gmail Account to Outlook.
- Open Outlook after closing browser. Let’s start process to adding your Gmail account in Outlook
- Click on the File tab.
- Click Add account option on account information screen.
- You can choose the E-mail Account option in the Add account dialog box which will automatically setups your Gmail in Outlook mail. Fill all the required fields like enter your name, email address, and enter the password two time. Click on next.
- Next, display the progress of the setup, automatic process may be work or not work.
- If automatic process failed, users should manual setup.
- Select POP or IMAP from the choose service screen and click on the Next
Users need to enter the user, server and login information in the POP and IMAP account settings.
- Select the IMAP from the account type drop-down list and enter the incoming and outgoing server information as given below:
IMAP Setting Process in Gmail
Incoming mail server: imap.googlemail.com
Outgoing mail server(SMP): smtp.googlemail.com
Must be sure that you have entered full email address for the user name and select remember password if you need to automatically log in. click on more settings.
Click on outgoing server tab on he Internet e-mail settings dialogue box. Next, select the my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and use same settings as my incoming mail service option is selected.
Click on the Advanced tab, enter the information as given below:
Incoming server: 993
Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
Outgoing server encrypted connection TLS
Outgoing server: 587
Next, click on OK to accept your changes and close the Internet E-mail Setting dialog box
Click on Next
Now, outlook will sending a test email message to check that account settings are perfectly work or not after test is finished, click on close.
You will see a screen saying “you are all set!”. Click on finish.
You can see your Gmail address in the account list on the left side. You can add more account if need. Click the inbox to check the mail of your Gmail account in outlook.