Hotmail not working On Iphone: The Microsoft has already shut down the services of Hotmail webmail. However, the Hotmail account holders can still check their emails through the MS outlook website. It is very easy to use your Hotmail account over MS outlook user interface. You can sign-in to Hotmail simply by entering your Hotmail email ID and password at the prescribed location. In addition to this, the functionality and features of Hotmail have also increased after merging with Outlook. But, at the same time, this transition doesn’t go well for all the users. Many users have to face different kinds of problems in using Hotmail every now and then. The problems can be quite diverse in nature such Hotmail not working in chrome, Hotmail not opening, not responding etc.
In this post, we will discuss the reason why users have to face Hotmail issue and the steps you should take in order to fix them.
Common Hotmail error and issues
Like any other webmail service, Hotmail is also prone to a lot of issues. Let’s go through some of the most common Hotmail issues that users have to face while using Hotmail.
- Hotmail not opening in Google Chrome.
- Unable to send messages on Hotmail
- Not able to receive messages on Hotmail
- Hotmail not working on Android, iPhone
- Unable to sign-in to Hotmail
- Forget Hotmail password.
- Unable to recover Hotmail password.
- Not able to download the attachment in Hotmail email
- Unable to reactivate Hotmail account.
In addition to these errors, there are many more problems that users may have to face while using Hotmail.
Why is Hotmail not working in your Device?
As the problems in Hotmail can be quite diverse, it is not possible to list the exact reason why Hotmail not working for you. But still, there are many common reasons you can check as given below:
- The device you are using might not be compatible with Hotmail.
- The browser you are using to load Hotmail might be incompatible.
- Hotmail account suspended by Microsoft.
- Add-on and extensions installed in your browser stopping Hotmail from working properly.
- Software conflict due to antivirus installed in your PC.
- Trying to send more number of emails than the permissible limit.
Apart from these, there are many more factors that can lead you to face different Hotmail errors and issues.
How to fix Hotmail account problems?
The steps to fix different Hotmail problems are also different. The steps to fix some of the common Hotmail issues are as follows:
Unable to receive email on Hotmail
If you are facing problems in receiving email on Hotmail then you should follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you should check your spam folder. Sometimes, the email may land in your spam folder instead of Inbox.
- Make sure you haven’t blocked the sender.
- Ensure that you haven’t created a filter to block message from the particular sender.
- Check your IMAP and POP settings if you are using Hotmail on a third-party email client.
- Call your senders and tell them to check their sent folder.
- If the email is not in the sent folder of your sender’s account then your sender should contact the customer support department of their email service providers.
Unable to log into Hotmail
In case you are not able to log in to your Hotmail account then you should follow the steps given below:
- Make sure you are entering the correct Hotmail password.
- If you forget your password then you should run Hotmail password recovery to reset Hotmail password.
- Also make sure that the browser you are using in order to log into Hotmail is fully compatible.
- If the problem continues then you should disable the add-ons and extension and log in again.
- Contact Hotmail support if you still can’t log into your Hotmail account.
Hotmail not working/ not responding/ hanging etc
If your Hotmail not working due to constant hangs and crashes then you should try the following instructions.
- Make sure Hotmail is not working on a long process like deleting hundreds of contacts at once. If this the case then you should wait for a few minutes and problem will be fixed by itself.
- Check the device and browser you are using to load Hotmail. Both of them should be readily compatible with Hotmail.
- Clear the cookies, caches and history from your browser.
- The internet connection you are using should smooth and fast.
- Disable add-ons and extensions installed in your browser and load Hotmail again.
- In case the Hotmail is still not working then you should temporarily disable your antivirus and windows firewall settings.
Hotmail Not Working On Iphone
- 1: Confirm an active internet connection, wait, and try again later. …
- 2: Re-authenticate with the Mail Server. …
- 3: Confirm Mail Settings in iOS. …
- 4: Check for Actual Email Server Problems.
Hotmail not working in MacBook
- Click the Mail icon on your Mac.
- From the Mail menu, select Add Account.
- Select Other Mail Account in the screen that opens and click Continue.
- Enter your Hotmail email address in the field provided for it.
- Enter your Hotmail email password.
- Click Sign In.
How do I verify my Hotmail account on my Mac?
Click the Sign In button. A message, Unable to verify account name or password, and additional fields appear. In the User Name field, enter your mailbox name. In the Account Type menu, click to select IMAP
How do I add my hotmail account to my iPad?
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Outlook.com.
- Enter your email address and password. Tap Next.
- Choose the account items you would like to sync from your email service provider.
- Tap Save.
It can be possible that the problem you are facing might not be mentioned in this post or you may find it difficult to solve the problem with the steps mentioned here. In such situations, you should contact Hotmail support for further assistance.