Hotmail Login Support, Hotmail Sign in Help: After the merger of Hotmail with MS outlook, the Hotmail website is no longer available. The users already having a Hotmail email ID can sign into it through the MS Outlook page. Although all the Hotmail users have to migrate to MS outlook they can still use the same User id and password they were using in the Hotmail. Microsoft tried their level best so that the users don’t have to face any problem in this migration. Despite all the efforts of Microsoft, many users are facing Hotmail login problems while accessing their Hotmail account via MS Outlook.
The Hotmail sign-in problem can occur due to different kinds of reasons such as forgetting the password, problem with device/ browser etc. If you are also a Hotmail who is finding it difficult to log into Hotmail via outlook then this article is for you only. Here, we will provide you with Hotmail login help so that you can sing into your Hotmail account easily.
How to sign into Hotmail?
The Hotmail website is no longer available so you need to log into Hotmail through the MS outlook. If you are a newbie and don’t know the process to log into Hotmail via outlook then you may follow the steps mentioned below-
- First of all, you need to visit the outlook.com log-in page.
- Here, you should click on the “Sign-in” button.
- Enter the Hotmail email ID or phone number you use to log into Hotmail and click on “next”.
- Finally, you need to provide your Hotmail password and click on the “Sign-in” button.
- Now, you are logged into your Hotmail account.
Note: In case you want to sign in automatically when next time you visit outlook/ Hotmail then you may check the box against “keep me signed in”.
Hotmail sign in problems and their reasons
Under normal circumstances, you can log into Hotmail effortlessly by following the steps we have provided earlier in this post. However, you may encounter some problems and issues while logging into Hotmail in rare cases. The most common reasons why users have to face Hotmail login issues are as follows:
- Entering the incorrect login password or user id.
- Loading MS outlook/ Hotmail on an incompatible device or browser.
- Using an outdated browser.
- Incorrect IMAP or POP settings if using Hotmail on a third party email client.
- Blocked Hotmail account.
- Hotmail service might be temporarily down in your area.
- Using Hotmail from an unusual location and device.
- Extension and add-ons installed in your browser stopping Hotmail from working properly.
- Software conflict caused by your antivirus and firewall settings.
How to fix Hotmail log in issues?
Regardless of the reasons behind the Hotmail login problem, you can miss some important emails if you are unable to log into Hotmail account of yours. To fix this kind of problems you should follow the steps given below:
- First of all, make sure you are entering the correct email id and password.
- Check caps lock button as it should not be active.
- In case you can’t remember your Hotmail password then you should run password recovery and reset Hotmail password.
- If the problem continues then you should check the Hotmail service status. If the status is green then it indicates that the service is working fine.
- Make sure your Hotmail account is not blocked by Microsoft due to mass spamming or suspicious activities.
- Ensure that the browser and device you are using to load Hotmail is not incompatible.
- Clear the cookies and cache memory of your browser.
- Remove the random add-ons and extension installed in your browser.
- Try to log in from the device and location from which you usually log into Hotmail.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus software to check any possible software conflict.
If you still can’t sign in to Hotmail then you should seek Hotmail login help from the Hotmail support department.
How to recover Hotmail password?
The most common reason that restricts Hotmail users from using the Hotmail account is forgetting the password. Given below are the steps you need to follow in order to recover lost Hotmail password.
- First of all, you should visit the MS outlook/ Hotmail “Reset your password” page.
- Then, you need to choose the reason why you want to reset the Hotmail password.
- After selecting the reason, you need to enter your Hotmail email ID
- Enter the captcha code and click on “Next”.
- Now, a temporary password will be sent to your phone number or alternate email id.
- Enter the temporary password received and move on the next screen to create a new password.
- Create a new Hotmail password for future login.
You can reset Hotmail password easily by the above-mentioned steps. However, in some rare cases, you might face some errors and issues in that case you should get in touch with Hotmail support for further Hotmail sign-in help.
How to prevent Hotmail login problems in the future?
It is better that you take some necessary precaution so that you don’t have to deal with unnecessary Hotmail sign-in issue in the future. The precaution you may take to restrict Hotmail sign-in problem in the future are as follows:
- Always keep a written note of your passwords so that you can remember it with ease.
- You can also opt for a password manager if you are not good at remembering passwords.
- Never use similar passwords for all the email addresses especially if you own multiple email account.
- In case you change your phone number or alternate email ID then you should update the same in your Hotmail email ID.
- To keep your account safe, you should regularly change your password.
- Your password should not be guessable. In other words, we can say that you should not use the password that a known person can guess easily such as your name, date of birth, pet name etc. visit Hotmail Customer Service Help Team