It is a smart idea to switch to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise if you are fed up with your current accounting application. It is quite easy to import information into QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise as long as your current financial software export data in a spreadsheet or text file. You can simply import the data saved in a spreadsheet as the QuickBooks lists, budgets or individual data. However, the process to migrate data to QB Desktop Enterprise depends upon your current financial software.
In case you are looking to switch toward QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise then this post can help you significantly. Here, we will discuss how you can migrate your data to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise with ease.
Precautions you should take before migrating your Data to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
Before we move on to migrate the data to QB desktop enterprise it is highly recommended that you should take the following precautions.
- You should make sure that your current financial software and QuickBooks Desktop enterprise are installed locally on your computer.
- Also ensure that all the files associated with your present financial software and QB desktop are saved in the hard disk of your PC.
- You may also take the backup of the data before starting to migrate it to QuickBooks Desktop enterprise.
How to migrate data to QB Desktop Enterprise?
As stated earlier, the method to migrate data to QB desktop enterprise depends upon your current accounting software. However, if we have to classify, we can list down three ways to transfer data to QB Desktop Enterprise.
- Using QuickBooks Conversion Tool: You can simply download the QuickBooks conversion tool from the official website of Intuit (manufacturer of QuickBooks) to import data in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise from your current financial software.
- Calling Intuit QuickBooks Pro-advisor: You may also let the Intuit’s pro-advisor to handle the issue. They are proficient in Intuit QuickBooks Desktop enterprise and let you switch your accounting software with ease.
- Finding an Intuit Premier Reseller in your area: You can also visit the official website of intuit to find the Intuit premier reseller as per your location. The premier reseller can help you migrate data to QB Desktop enterprise effortlessly.
QuickBooks Conversion Tools
- The most convenient way of transferring data to QuickBooks desktop enterprise is via QuickBooks Conversion Tools.
- The QuickBooks Conversion Tool has its own demerits. You can migrate data to QuickBooks Desktop enterprise by using the conversion tool only from the three financial applications i.e.
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft SBA/QA
- If you are using any of these three financial applications (MS Excel, MS SBA/QA, Peachtree) then you can simply download and install QuickBooks conversion tool from Intuit’s website to migrate data.
- System requirement for QuickBooks Conversion tool is as follows:
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, or Windows 7
- Hard Drive: 2.5 GB of free space (recommended)
- Processor: 500 MHz Intel Pentium II (minimum)
- QuickBooks must be installed and registered. ( Pro, Premier, or Enterprise Solutions 2015 or higher)
- Microsoft .NET Framework: version 2.0 (minimum)