File attachment is the most common feature include in each email service. Help of attachment users can share file, picture, contacts etc. over the internet. In this post we will talk about Outlook email file attachment.
There are lots of Outlook users who don’t know method to attach file, picture and video in Outlook message. Outlook always keep track all stored file on your computer of file saved in OneDrive. Users can choose file from computer or upload file from OneDrive or share link. OneDrive allow users to set permission that allow recipients to view and edit or share file to others.
In this post users will get complete method to attach file in outlook message as given below step by step.
Process to attach file in Outlook email message step by step:
- Login to Outlook account and click on compose a new message, select an Attach file option. if don’t have Outlook account, create outlook account.
- Choose or select file from three locations as given below:
- Recent items: it is the place where you will find twelve recent files you have worked will be displayed in recent items. All these can be on your computer, One Drive, SharePoint and any other document library. You can select file which you want to attach.
- Browse Web Locations: In this you can select file from web locations like OneDrive, SharePoints sites or other locations. You can select one of the locations to open a new window and choose your file which you want to attach.
- Browse This PC: In this you can select file from your location.
Choose one of the suitable locations of attachment where is your file has saved.
- If you select a file on your computer or document library, file is attached to the email. You can select OneDrive or SharePoint file; this will provide additional permission options and information.
- If you send a link to OneDrive or SharePoint, it will keep the size of your email messages small.
- If you are in a company or organization, everyone can edit the linked file. You can change the permission to edit this attachment file. You can select the arrow at the right side of attachment name to showing a drop down menu with a different permission options as given below:
- Organisation can Edit: if you want anyone of your organisation can be modify or edit file
- Organisation can view:In this option anyone in your company able to read. users can’t edit file.
- Recipients can Edit: In this option only email recipients can modify file.
- Recipients can View: in these option only recipients only view and read attachment not modify.
Choose one of the suitable options which you want and send your file to recipients. For more help.