There are lots of people who are using Microsoft outlook to fulfill their daily basis official task over the internet. Microsoft outlook is one of the best places which stores emails, contacts, tasks, notes, appointments and journals. If users want to import contacts list one email address to another, they need to import all contacts in CSV file format.
Outlook offers an import or export option that is easy to use to import contacts from a CSV file format.
Process to import contacts in Outlook account step by step:
- First of all, you need to choose file option at the top of your Outlook 2013 or 2016.
- If ribbon doesn’t show a file option in the top left corner, you are using old version of outlook so check it what version of outlook you are using after that get to the import instruction for your version of outlook.
- Next, choose open & export> import or export. This process will be start.
- Choose the import from another program of file, and then choose the next option.
- Choose the next option after choose comma separated values.
- Next, in the import file box, browser your contact file after that double click to select it.
- There are three options to handle duplicate contacts in outlook so choose one of them 1.Replace duplicates with items imported, 2. Allow duplicates to be created, Do not import duplicate items
- So choose one of them.
- Choose one of them and click on Next button.
- Next, you need to select a destination folder box, scroll to the top and select the contacts folder > next. If Outlook users have multiple email accounts, choose the contacts folder which will show under the email account user want to be associated with the contacts.
- Outlook start to import all contacts immediately. User will know it’s completed when the import progress will end.
- Users need to choose the people icon at the bottom of outlook to see all contacts.
Follow all above steps and successfully import contacts in outlook 2013 or 2016.