Have you tired to remember and manage multiple Yahoo mail account password? In Yahoo, mail users can log in to their mail account without password help of Account key. The account key is the more secure method which allows users to log in to Yahoo by their phone instead of a password. As soon as user enabled this feature, Yahoo sends a notification to user’s mobile device of their choice. Yahoo users can approve access with a tap on their phone so there is no one else can get into their mail account.
There are lots of Yahoo mail users who don’t know the method to log in Yahoo without the password or don’t know a method to set up account key from a web browser. If you one the users, this post can be helpful for you. Get here complete assistance to activate account key in Yahoo mail.
Method to set up an Account Key from a web browser step by step:
To activate Yahoo account key users need to installed Yahoo app on their mobile device and signed into it after that follow the process as given below:
- First of all, users need to go the Yahoo account security page.
- Next, click or tap see how it works.
- Now users need to select the device and app to be notified on.
- Tap or click Send me a notification option.
- The notification will go to the app which you have selected.
- Next, on your mobile device, users need to tap the approve icon image of the Account key accept button.
- Go back into your web browser, click or tap Always use Yahoo Account Key option.
- Finally, confirm your mobile phone number which is you want to use if you will lose access to your device.
Method to Disable Account key in Yahoo Mail:
If Yahoo mail users are using multiple devices or apps, they can choose where the notification is sent. Yahoo users can turn off Account Key and switch back to a password if they want.
How to turn on or Off Account Key in Yahoo on the web browser?
- Go to the Yahoo Account security page.
- In “Yahoo Account Key” clicks on Manage.
- Next, the toggle to the right of any device you can turn on or off Account Key.
- Now optionally, users can click on disable account key at the bottom of the screen to switch back to a password.