Do you want to make your Yahoo mail default email when open an email program on your browser or window? There are some settings in windows or browser which users have to change after that Yahoo mail will automatically open. When users select a primary “mailto” email in their browser, that email program will be the one that will open whenever users click a ”contact us” link.
There are lots of Yahoo mail users who don’t know the method to make Yahoo mail a default email in windows or web browser that’s why they need to Yahoo support assistance where they can know the method to create Yahoo mail a default mail. This post can help for those kind Yahoo mail users who are searching do this task successfully.
Method to make yahoo my default email on Google Chrome:
- First of all, install Google Chrome web browser on your computer.
- Next, click on the Chrome menu icon image and go to settings icon.
- In Google chrome settings click on Show advanced settings option.
- Now under “privacy” option choose content settings option.
- Next, under the “handlers” select “Allow sites to ask to become default handlers for protocols (recommended)” option.
Method to make yahoo my default email on Mozilla Firefox:
Mozilla Firefox browser always supports to Yahoo mail as a mailto option. Users can set up Yahoo mail as default in Firefox and this mail will automatically open whenever users click on “contact us” from within that Mozilla browser.
- First of all, click on the menu button in Mozilla Firefox and click on Options.
- Next, choose the General panel, go to the Application section.
- Now search for the content-type mailto and select it.
- After that click on the action column which will show in the mailto row to change the action.
- Choose the mail program which you want to make default open on Mozilla so select Yahoo mail.
- Finally, the settings has done to make yahoo mail default mail in Firefox.