If you are working on Apple mobile devices, all devices are coming in the pre-installed email app. Because of this app won’t allow users’ access to more advanced features found in the Yahoo mail app such as managing folder, account info and themes, the user can add a number of Yahoo email accounts to send and receive emails from it.
There are lots of people who don’t know the method to Setup or remove a Yahoo email account in iOS Mail app. If you are one of the users, you can follow this blog here we are sharing the complete method to setup yahoo email account with the iOS Mail App.
Method to Add a Yahoo Mail Account using the iOS Automated setup:
- First of all, you need to open the iOS settings app.
- Next, tap and click on account & password option.
- Tap the “Add Account” option.
- Tap to Yahoo option.
- Next, enter your Yahoo mail address and password after that tap sign in option.
- You can disable aspects of Yahoo mail from syncing. This is an optional aspect.
- Finally, Tap the Save option.
How to Manually Add a Yahoo Mail Account using IMAP Settings?
This is the option for older versions of the iOS, which will not support the automated setup.
- First of all, you need to open the iOS settings App.
- Next, you need to Tap Accounts & Password or mail, contacts, the calendar on older devices.
- Tap to Add Account option.
- Next Tap on Other option
- Now enter the full email address and password after that tap the Next option.
- Enter IMAP settings for incoming and outgoing servers.
- Next, users need to enter the email address for the username then tap to the next.
- Must be sure that “Use SSL” is on and “Server Port” is 587.
- Finally, tap to Done option.
Method to Update fetches settings to get timely notifications:
This iOS device supports 2 kinds of email notifications- first, one is Push and the second one is Fetch. Yahoo email is worked with Fetch which will check all new emails at regular time intervals.
- First of all, users need to open the iOS settings app.
- Next Tap to Accounts & Passwords.
- Tap to Fetch New Data option.
- Next, users need to Tap a time interval at the bottom.
- Now Tap your Yahoo mail account.
- Must be sure that “Fetch” is selected.
How to Remove Yahoo Mail Account on iOS Device?
- First of all, open the iOS settings App.
- Next, tap into the Accounts & Passwords option.
- Now tap to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Finally, click on Delete Account.
Follow all above method and easily set up or remove Yahoo mail from the iOS device.